Role: Simulation Systems Architect – Training
Location: Hybrid working / UK Office (Gatwick)
Job Type: Full Time
Do you like the sound of shaping the architectures of tomorrow’s defence training and simulation systems?
Join our team designing amazing solutions to connect simulation technologies and help our customers build the most advanced and high-tech simulations solving modern day complex problems.
In the UK, we are currently going through yet another exciting period of growth and transformation, thanks to our innovative simulation products and services and increasing market demand. We are looking for a Simulation Systems Architect who will act as the main technical point of contact and lead our contribution on some of the transformative and high profile simulation programmes with the UK Ministry of Defence.
Our success is always due to the talent and dedication of our people. We are constantly looking to build a diverse team and broaden our existing talent base to maintain our strategic edge. If you are a Systems Architect experienced in modelling and simulation and like the sound of shaping the future warfighting training systems, then join us for more than just a job!
Pitch, a BAE Systems company, develops unique, ground breaking distributed simulation technologies and world-class products and services to solve some of the hardest simulation problems of our customers within aerospace, defence, transport, engineering and other industries – whether that is supporting experimentations of Mars sample return missions or connecting UK future Typhoon synthetic training systems for collective training.
With Pitch, you will find plenty of opportunities to work on diverse projects with not just one large company, but many of them from different domains and industries. You will join a team that is not only great with technology but also with people. You will find an informal and fun culture that promotes work-life-balance and opportunities to learn every day. We will support you with training tailored to your needs, including plenty of opportunity to spend time with our colleagues in Sweden, France, US and around the world.
As a Systems Architect you will act as the main technical focal point (or project engineer) for one of the key defence training and simulation programmes of the UK MOD. Day to day, you will be working closely with the MOD customer and our UK team for the provision of technical consultancy and services towards achieving the customer’s programme objectives in full. You will leverage your military training and simulation expertise and experience to support the customer in establishing a robust technical governance framework for system testing and verification, as well as facilitating technical engagement with various stakeholders and organisations within the UK and overseas, and ultimately providing decision support towards one of the most complex and transformative training and simulation programmes of the UK MOD. The role will include regular work at the customer’s site for two to three days a week.
What we look from you
- Master or Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent engineering qualification
- Eight or more years of experience in developing and delivering live, virtual and constructive training systems for defence customers
- Solid appreciation of the land training domain and defence modelling and simulation standards would be desirable
- Self-starter with excellent planning, organisation and leadership skills
- Continued willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Sound commercial awareness, particularly the simulation and training market place
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- Problem solver
- Appreciates regular travel in the UK and occasionally overseas
- Must be currently eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship
- Must meet UK security requirements and eligible for security clearance
What we offer
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package
- Rewarding and fun employment experience
- Opportunity to work on diverse range of defence and civil projects
- A supportive onboarding programme specifically designed for your needs
- An inclusive and supportive company culture where your ideas and participation in the company’s actions aren’t just welcome – they’re expected.
- Flexible working conditions
Please submit an application with your CV and covering letter to Suranga Wickramasekera at [email protected].