Join our team designing amazing solutions to connect simulation technologies and help our customers build the most advanced and high-tech simulations solving modern day complex problems. We are looking for talented, motivated people bringing their enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
Role: Project Manager
Location: Hybrid working / UK Office (Gatwick)
Job Type: Full Time
Are you a resourceful Project Manager looking for a new challenge within aerospace and defence?
In the UK, we are currently going through a yet another exciting period of growth and transformation, thanks to our innovative simulation products and services and increasing market demand. We are looking for a Project Manager to lead delivery of some of the transformative and high profile simulation programmes in the UK.
Our success is always due to the talent and dedication of our people. We are constantly looking to build a diverse team and broaden our existing talent base to maintain our strategic edge. If you are a Project Manager interested in technology, resourceful and looking for your next challenge, then join us for more than just a job!
Pitch, a BAE Systems company, develops unique, ground breaking distributed simulation technologies and world-class products and services to solve some of the hardest simulation problems of our customers within aerospace, defence, transport, engineering and other industries – whether that is supporting experimentations of Mars sample return missions or connecting UK future Typhoon synthetic training systems for collective training.
With Pitch, you will find plenty of opportunities to work on diverse projects with not just one large company, but many of them from different domains and industries. You will join a team that is not only great with technology but also with people. You will find an informal and fun culture that promotes work-life-balance and opportunities to learn every day. We will support you with training tailored to your needs, including plenty of opportunity to spend time with our colleagues in Sweden, France, US and around the world.
As a Project Manager you will be the primary point of contact managing the delivery of a number of key projects to the UK aerospace and defence customers that use our market-leading simulation products and services for engineering and training solutions. Day to day, you will be responsible for executing a comprehensive project plan aligned to project governance framework, work definition, scheduling, cost/risk/opportunity management, driving quality, estimating, resource management, and deliver the key results and performance metrics for the projects to ultimately seeing the impact you are having on some of the most complex and high profile customer programmes.
The role presents opportunities to work closely with the UK defence and space customers, including visits to customer sites on occasions. This role also presents significant opportunity to progress to a senior operational role within the UK office.
What we look from you
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Recognised project management professional qualification e.g. PMP, or similar
- 3 or more years of project management experience in aerospace, defence or closely related industries
- Experience in using Oracle/Primavera/Planisware or similar toolset to hold all financial, schedule and resource information would be desirable
- Self-starter with good planning and organisation skills
- Good people management and motivational skills
- Continued willingness to learn
- Good financial and commercial understanding
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication, negotiation, and stakeholder management skills
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- Appreciates occasional travel in the UK and overseas
- Must be currently eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship
- Must meet UK security requirements and eligible for security clearance
What we offer
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package
- Rewarding and fun employment experience
- Opportunity to work on diverse range of defence and civil projects
- A supportive onboarding programme specifically designed for your needs
- Opportunities to work on international projects and travel on occasions
- An inclusive and supportive company culture where your ideas and participation in the company’s actions aren’t just welcome – they’re expected.
- Flexible working conditions
Please submit an application with your CV and covering letter to Suranga Wickramasekera at [email protected].